Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by David Berkman <da...@glu.com> on 2011/11/09 20:15:54 UTC

wicket-dojo wrappers (correction)

Sorry for the repost, but this list doesn't take attachments I guess, so I've upload the code at https://github.com/zenbones/WicketDojo

I've had a number of requests, so I'll upload this bit of code here so people can have a look. I know there's room for improvement in the code that exists, and a ton that needs to be done. There's a wicket-dojo project on GitHub https://github.com/vijaykiran/wicketstuff-dojo that's much cleaner, with many more advanced integrations. However, that project lacked implemented wrappers for Dojo Dijits, which is what I wanted most. The code there also seemed a bit daunting, so I began a project to make wrappers I could understand, and extend, and learn both Wicket and Dojo in the process. This is the results so far. The few advantages it has over the GitHub code I've linked to are...

1) A bunch of useful Dijits wrapped in a way I hope is fairly clear and extensible (it's getting better).
2) All the wrappers use fluent APIs
3) You can generally set a field, or your own model, interchangeably. For instance, if you want to set a Title, you can usually setTitle(String title) or setTitleModel(IModel<String> titleModel). Being able to control the model is extremely useful.
4) You can generally set attributes in your HTML and these values will initialize the fields/models in the wrappers on a non-Ajax render. Values can then be dynamically altered from there via Ajax (as with user interaction).
5) Using setIntermediateChanges(true) will generally update the wrappers' fields/models upon user interactions with the Dijit, via Ajax (you can also add DojoAjaxUpdatingBehaviors to get your own callbacks). This extends to things like stack container updating its models for selected child index and id.

There's still much to do. It's not the cleanest code yet. It doesn't handle animations or fx or anything but presenting widgets. It's part of a larger project so I haven't presented a real build, just the code. If people are interested, I can cleave this off and provide a true maven build.

David

Re: wicket-dojo wrappers (correction)

Posted by James Stewart <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thanks David,

I've just pulled down the code now to have a look.

On 10/11/2011 3:15 AM, David Berkman wrote:
> Sorry for the repost, but this list doesn't take attachments I guess, so I've upload the code at https://github.com/zenbones/WicketDojo
>

> I've had a number of requests, so I'll upload this bit of code here so people can have a look. I know there's room for improvement in the code that exists, and a ton that needs to be done. There's a wicket-dojo project on GitHub https://github.com/vijaykiran/wicketstuff-dojo that's much cleaner, with many more advanced integrations. However, that project lacked implemented wrappers for Dojo Dijits, which is what I wanted most. The code there also seemed a bit daunting, so I began a project to make wrappers I could understand, and extend, and learn both Wicket and Dojo in the process. This is the results so far. The few advantages it has over the GitHub code I've linked to are...
>
> 1) A bunch of useful Dijits wrapped in a way I hope is fairly clear and extensible (it's getting better).
> 2) All the wrappers use fluent APIs
> 3) You can generally set a field, or your own model, interchangeably. For instance, if you want to set a Title, you can usually setTitle(String title) or setTitleModel(IModel<String>  titleModel). Being able to control the model is extremely useful.
> 4) You can generally set attributes in your HTML and these values will initialize the fields/models in the wrappers on a non-Ajax render. Values can then be dynamically altered from there via Ajax (as with user interaction).
> 5) Using setIntermediateChanges(true) will generally update the wrappers' fields/models upon user interactions with the Dijit, via Ajax (you can also add DojoAjaxUpdatingBehaviors to get your own callbacks). This extends to things like stack container updating its models for selected child index and id.
>
> There's still much to do. It's not the cleanest code yet. It doesn't handle animations or fx or anything but presenting widgets. It's part of a larger project so I haven't presented a real build, just the code. If people are interested, I can cleave this off and provide a true maven build.
>
> David

Re: wicket-dojo wrappers (correction)

Posted by an...@gmail.com.
I do have a github account my username is anantasty I would be happy to help and would really like to write documentation etc. So it would be great if you add me as a coloborator
From: "David Berkman" <da...@glu.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 11:50:12
To: <us...@wicket.apache.org>

Sorry. I guess I can't get away with putting up the code and walking away. I've translated the code into a complete, and building (at least locally), maven project. Anyone interested can fork it from GitHub, alter the poms, and get it rolling. I've put it on a new namespace I've bought for the purpose, and changed the project name to match.

https://github.com/zenbones/Wicketized

David

Would it be possible to put up the jar that contains or the java file:
org.smallmind.nutsnbolts.util.DotNotationComparator? I get a compile error with this and I don't understand what it does in terms of dot notation.

Thanks,
James.

Posted by David Berkman <da...@glu.com>.

Posted by David Berkman <da...@glu.com>.