Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Arnaud Bailly <ab...@oqube.com> on 2006/08/25 10:28:05 UTC

Multi-project site generation

Hi,
I am trying to create site and deploy it for a multi-project
package. In the coo (parent) pom, I define various reports to
generate. The root also contains src/site/... tree with
documentation. The site.xml does not contains reports sections. The
pom is:

 <reporting>
  <plugins>
   <plugin>
    <artifactId>maven-project-info-reports-plugin</artifactId>
   </plugin>
   <plugin>
   </plugin>
   <plugin>
     <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
    <artifactId>surefire-report-maven-plugin</artifactId>
   </plugin>

   <plugin>
   <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
   <artifactId>cobertura-maven-plugin</artifactId>
   </plugin>

   <plugin>
    <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
    <artifactId>jxr-maven-plugin</artifactId>
   </plugin>

   <plugin>
    <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
    <artifactId>changes-maven-plugin</artifactId>
   </plugin>
  </plugins>
 </reporting>

The modules each contain src/site/site.xml descriptor and POMs inherit
from parent without any additional reports. Here is a sample site
descriptor:

<project name="JAutomata Core">
 <skin>
  <groupId>org.apache.maven.skins</groupId>
  <artifactId>maven-stylus-skin</artifactId>
  <version>1.0</version>
 </skin>
 <poweredBy>
  <logo
   name="Hosted on SourceForge.net"
   href="http://sourceforge.net"
   img="http://sflogo.sourceforge.net/sflogo.php?group_id=170468&amp;type=1"/>
  <logo
   name="Build with Maven 2"
   href="http://maven.apache.org"
   img="images/logos/maven-feather.png"/>
 </poweredBy>
  <links>
   <item name="Maven 2" href="http://maven.apache.org/maven2/"/>
  </links>

  <menu name="JAuto" ref="parent" />

  <menu name="Standard reports" ref="reports" />

</project>

What happens is that 'mvn site' fails in parent site generation with:

[INFO] Generate "Project Team" report.
[INFO] Generate "Maven Surefire Report" report.
[INFO] Generate "Cobertura Test Coverage" report.
[INFO] Cobertura 1.7 - GNU GPL License (NO WARRANTY) - See COPYRIGHT file

[ERROR] Error: data file /home/nono/projets/jautomata/jautomata-2.0/cobertura.ser does not exist

[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Error during page generation

Embedded error: Error rendering Maven report: Error in Cobertura Report generation: Unable to generate Cobertura Report for project.
[INFO] Total time: 25 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Fri Aug 25 10:19:56 CEST 2006
[INFO] Final Memory: 21M/38M

This is "normal" as the parent does not contains any code. What
puzzles me is that this generation process used to work when  child
did not have descriptors !?

Help would be of course appreciated.

--
OQube < software engineering \ génie logiciel >
Arnaud Bailly, Dr.

Re: Multi-project site generation

Posted by Stéphane Bouchet <st...@knowesia.fr>.
Arnaud Bailly a écrit :
> [...]
> </project>
>
> What happens is that 'mvn site' fails in parent site generation with:

> [INFO] Generate "Project Team" report.
> [INFO] Generate "Maven Surefire Report" report.
> [INFO] Generate "Cobertura Test Coverage" report.
> [INFO] Cobertura 1.7 - GNU GPL License (NO WARRANTY) - See COPYRIGHT file
>
> [ERROR] Error: data file /home/nono/projets/jautomata/jautomata-2.0/cobertura.ser does not exist

> [ERROR] BUILD ERROR
> [INFO] Error during page generation
>
> Embedded error: Error rendering Maven report: Error in Cobertura Report generation: Unable to generate Cobertura Report for project.
> [INFO] Total time: 25 seconds
> [INFO] Finished at: Fri Aug 25 10:19:56 CEST 2006
> [INFO] Final Memory: 21M/38M
>
> This is "normal" as the parent does not contains any code. What
> puzzles me is that this generation process used to work when  child

there is an issue with cobertura-report.
See : http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MCOBERTURA-38

It seems it is fixed in trunk, so try to build it from it.

Cheers,

Stéphane