Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michael Bouschen <mb...@spree.de> on 2006/01/01 22:40:12 UTC

Re: You can now debug tck20!

Hi Matthew,

thanks for adding debug support to maven.xml, this is great!

I would like to propose two improvements:
- I always get a message "JVM will wait until debugger attaches on port
..." even if I call runtck.jdori. I think the check whether property
debugJvmargs is set needs to use the empty operator instead of comparing
!= ''
  <j:if test="${not empty debugJvmargs}">
- I noticed the goals debugtck.iut and debugtck.jdori use the same code
to set the debug properties. I refactored the goals and added a separate
goal setDebugProps managing the debug properties.

You find a patch attached. Please give it a try and let me know what you
think.

Regards Michael

>There are now two new targets in trunk/tck20/maven.xml that cause the forked
>JVM to include debugging arguments:  debugtck.jdori and debugtck.iut.
>They're simply convenience goals that set simply set the property
>"jdo.tck.debug.jvmargs" if it's not set, then attain the runtck.jdori or
>runtck.iut, respectively, which are now sensitive to jdo.tck.debug.jvmargs.
>
>The default debug transport is dt_socket.  For convenience, if you do not
>set a port, the default is 8787, but you can set the port via the property
>"jdo.tck.debug.port".  So, for example, to debug a configuration of your
>choice, in any IDE you like, simply exec on the command line
>
>maven -Djdo.tck.cfglist=detach.conf debugtck.jdori
>
>Wait for the message that the JVM is waiting for a debugger to attach, then
>attach your IDE to the port given using dt_socket transport.  If you want to
>set the port, execute
>
>maven -Djdo.tck.cfglist=detach.conf -Djdo.tck.debug.port=7859 debugtck.jdori
>
>If you want to control the entire set of debug jvm arguments, execute
>
>maven -Djdo.tck.cfglist=detach.conf -Djdo.tck.debug.jvmargs="-Xdebug
>-Xnoagent ..." runtck.jdori
>
>You can also use the target debugtck.jdori instead of runtck.jdori, but
>it'll just end up calling runtck.jdori.
>
>I hope this helps everyone out!
>
>--matthew
>

>Matthew T. Adams
>Corporate Technical Advisor & Senior Consultant
>Mobile:  +1 253 732 1051
>Phone:  +1 206 331 3833
>Fax:  +1 815 331 0952
>matthew.adams@xcalia.com
>P.O. Box 24163
>Federal Way, WA  98093
>www.xcalia.com
>

>Xcalia makes implementing SOA easy with agile business intermediation
>software that combines heterogeneous data with services to easily develop
>and deploy transactional composite applications.  Enterprises can quickly
>respond to changing business requirements and dramatically reduce the costs
>of data access and service integration.

Tel.:++49/30/235 520-33		Buelowstr. 66
Fax.:++49/30/2175 2012		D-10783 Berlin

Re: You can now debug tck20!