Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/27 15:41:56 UTC

[ALL] additional branding changes needed

Commons Skin / Parent have been updated to add the trademark claims to
page footers, and to add standard navigation links.

According to the Apache project branding requirements [1], we also
need to ensure that the home and download pages contain a description
[2] of the product, and ensure that the *first* occurrence of the mark
is identified with a (TM) symbol.

The description needs to treat the mark as an adjective - e.g. "Apache
Commons Foo software is ...".
Seems to me that the same description can be used in the POM.
AIUI we don't need to include the (tm) in the POM.

[1] http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs
[2] http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs#markdesc
[3] http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs#asfmarks