Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by John Babbidge <Jb...@activcard.com> on 2003/12/19 21:38:34 UTC

IIS 6.0 Worker Process Isolation Mode and Tomcat

Hi all,

We are wishing to migrate our IIS 5.0/Tomcat app to run on IIS
6.0/Win2003/Tomcat specifically in Worker Process Isolation mode rather than
IIS 5 isolation mode, and have a couple of questions that I've found very
little info on.

First question:	Are there real benefits of WP isolation mode vs. the
limitations IIS 5 isolation mode for the application as from what I've seen
the reasons to move to WPIM are mostly aimed at protecting the IIS kernel
and in situations of multiple web apps (which is not a factor) and for me,
even a separate WP crashing due to our app would be a "very bad thing". So
removing, IIS core vulnerability and the single http queue from the melee,
what's left?

Second question:	Is the Jakarta ISAPI connector (JK2) compatible with
WP isolation mode (I have seen nothing so far that indicates it is and info
is hard to come by) and if not is the Tomcat team planning a migration in
the future?

Thanks,

John
---
John Babbidge			tel:   +1 (510) 745-6267
ActivCard Inc.			fax:  +1 (510) 574-0137
6623 Dumbarton Circle		http://www.activcard.com/
Fremont, CA  94555		jbabbidge@activcard.com