Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Raymond Domingo <ra...@domingo.nl> on 2006/03/28 08:46:12 UTC

maven-war-plugin how to exclude jar files from WEB-INF/lib

Hello All,

I just starting to use maven, but even after spending hours of browsing
documentation I'm still not able to create the war file that fits my needs.

Currently I do generate a war file, but I need to filter my
jboss-j2ee-4.0.2.jar file from the WEB-INF/lib directory.

After reading some of the previous posts it seemd to me I needed the snapshot
beta3 of the plugin. So I spended lots of time getting this snapshot up and
running, but even wen finaly using the snapshot filtering didn't work.

It filters all files from war, or none at all. But I'm not able to specify the
file I would like to filter. I tried configuration as below:
[attempt1]
                      <plugin>
		      	<version>2.0-beta-3-20060301.182656-4</version>
		        <configuration>
		        	<warSourceDirectory>web</warSourceDirectory>
		        	<excludes>**/jboss-j2ee-*.jar</excludes>
		        </configuration>
		      </plugin>
[attempt2]
		      <plugin>
		      	<version>2.0-beta-3-20060301.182656-4</version>
		        <configuration>
		        	<warSourceDirectory>web</warSourceDirectory>
		        	<excludes>
                                   <exclude>**/jboss-j2ee-*.jar</excludes>
		        	</excludes>
		        </configuration>
		      </plugin>

Anyone out there who nows how to filter jar files from a war ?

Best regards,
raymond domingo

Re: maven-war-plugin how to exclude jar files from WEB-INF/lib

Posted by Raymond Domingo <ra...@domingo.nl>.
YES, This worked for me.

Thanks !!!!
raymond

On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 00:49:37 -0600, Wayne Fay wrote

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.