Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Clemens Marschner <cm...@lanlab.de> on 2002/11/06 14:21:24 UTC

Forrestize Lucene

Hi,

there's a project called Apache Forrest that seeks to replace jakarta-site2
by a Cocoon driven process that creates better navigation and printable
document versions (PDF) on the fly.

I think Lucene should adapt that asap as well. I'm always confused when I
use Jakarta, because navigation tends to be poor (i.e. there is no bread
crumb navigation) and I enjoyed being able to print a whole document as PDF
when I read the Avalon docs.

Since the Avalon people are doing the same as well, we could probably
benefit from each other.

--Clemens