Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by "Stephan E. Schlierf" <st...@vsa.de> on 2004/11/04 11:46:36 UTC

Modifying pelt skin: Looking for the corner-pngs and others

I am modifying the css-files for the pelt skin in order to create my own skin
(especially in order to prevent update problems).

In screen.css I find some curious named pictures, for example
rc-t-r-15-1body-2menu-3menu.png but I can't find them in the images
directory.
My question is: How can I modify them because the color of these pictures
doesn't fit to my skin?

TIA,
Stephan

Re: Modifying pelt skin: Looking for the corner-pngs and others

Posted by "Stephan E. Schlierf" <st...@vsa.de>.
Am Donnerstag, 4. November 2004 22:35 schrieb Thorsten Scherler:
> Thorsten Scherler escribió:
> > Clay Leeds escribió:

> <snip/>
>
> >>  From http://forrest.apache.org/skin/screen.css
> >>
> >> * Round corner
> >> */
> >> #roundtop {
> >>     background-image: url(images/rc-t-r-15-1body-2menu-3menu.png);
> >>     background-repeat: no-repeat;
> >>     background-position: top right;
> >> }
> >>
> >> Web Maestro Clay
> >
> > I will have to look up the mail from Nicola where he answered this
> > question in detail.
> >
> > Hang in there. ;-)
>
> I found my own mail (based on nicolas):
> http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=108942719309996&w=2

Thank you for the info: I already searched the developers mailing list but
with the wrong terms ;-)
> <snip>
> Maybe I should but it in a how-to ;-).
> </snip>
>
> Can you do it? ;-)

I'll do my very best ;-)

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.
On Nov 8, 2004, at 2:10 AM, Stephan E. Schlierf wrote:
> Am Samstag, 6. November 2004 04:13 schrieb David Crossley:
>> That is an excellent addition, thanks. I have committed
>> it to the trunk 0.7-dev. I made some formatting and content
>> changes, so move your version out of the way before doing
>> the 'svn update'.

Great! And I thank Stephan again as well!

>> I changed the tone of the document a bit so that it
>> focused on users configuring the skin colours, rather
>> than developers needing to create new skins. We really
>> would rather encourage people to work with the existing
>> skins before rushing of to create new ones.
>
> Thanks, David and thanks, Clay for reviewing this document ;-)

It didn't take much! Your English is very good!

> <snip/>
>> One tip about your patch:
>>
>> Better to use a fixed line-width. For example, word-wrap at 80 chars.
>> rather than having multi-line paragraphs. This might sound pedantic
>> but it is not. The important reason is that when future changes
>> are committed, we can easily see the differences. With multi-line
>> paragraphs it is impossible to see what is changed. There is too
>> much clutter.
>
> Shure, thank you for the tip. Next time I'll heed your advice.
> Stephan

I thank you for the tip as well, David. I'll keep that in mind as well.

Web Maestro Clay
--
Clay Leeds - <cl...@medata.com>

Re: Modifying pelt skin: Looking for the corner-pngs and others

Posted by "Stephan E. Schlierf" <st...@vsa.de>.

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Stephan E. Schlierf wrote:

> Hm, Thorsten submitted an offer I can't reject :-)
>
> I created a new issue at the issue tracker:
> http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-351
> As an attachment to this issue you find the how-to for modifing the colors of
> corner images.
>
> Praise Thorsten for his very helpful hints and blame me for any bugs in this
> how-to (and for my poor English, too).

That is an excellent addition, thanks. I have committed
it to the trunk 0.7-dev. I made some formatting and content
changes, so move your version out of the way before doing
the 'svn update'.

I changed the tone of the document a bit so that it
focused on users configuring the skin colours, rather
than developers needing to create new skins. We really
would rather encourage people to work with the existing
skins before rushing of to create new ones.

There was one problem which caused cocoon to break with
an un-intelligible error:
which should be
The latter works because that uri is defined in site.xml

There is a registered Jira issue about the # fragment identifiers.

                           --- 0 ---

One tip about your patch:

Better to use a fixed line-width. For example, word-wrap at 80 chars.
rather than having multi-line paragraphs. This might sound pedantic
but it is not. The important reason is that when future changes
are committed, we can easily see the differences. With multi-line
paragraphs it is impossible to see what is changed. There is too
much clutter.

It is a committers job to ensure this, but developers can
make the process more efficient.

--
David Crossley

Re: Modifying pelt skin: Looking for the corner-pngs and others

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
El vie, 05-11-2004 a las 14:43, Stephan E. Schlierf escribió:

> Hm, Thorsten submitted an offer I can't reject :-)

LOL

> I created a new issue at the issue tracker:
> http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-351
> As an attachment to this issue you find the how-to for modifing the colors of
> corner images.

Cheers I will review it and at it to the site.

THX in advance.

> Praise Thorsten for his very helpful hints

NOP thx to Nicola and all other forrest committer. ;-) ...and to you
writing the howto. ;-)

> and blame me for any bugs in this
> how-to (and for my poor English, too).

LOL I will review it and I guess David will better have the final look.
;-) Cheers in advance David (or other native speaker).

--
thorsten

"Together we stand, divided we fall!"
Hey you (Pink Floyd)

Re: Modifying pelt skin: Looking for the corner-pngs and others

Posted by "Stephan E. Schlierf" <st...@vsa.de>.

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
Thorsten Scherler escribió:
> Clay Leeds escribió:
>
>> On Nov 4, 2004, at 2:46 AM, Stephan E. Schlierf wrote:
>>
>>> I am modifying the css-files for the pelt skin in order to create my
>>> own skin
>>> (especially in order to prevent update problems).
>>>
>>> In screen.css I find some curious named pictures, for example
>>> rc-t-r-15-1body-2menu-3menu.png but I can't find them in the images
>>> directory.
>>> My question is: How can I modify them because the color of these
>>> pictures
>>> doesn't fit to my skin?

<snip/>
>>  From http://forrest.apache.org/skin/screen.css
>>
>> * Round corner
>> */
>> #roundtop {
>>     background-image: url(images/rc-t-r-15-1body-2menu-3menu.png);
>>     background-repeat: no-repeat;
>>     background-position: top right;
>> }
>>
>> Web Maestro Clay
>

> I will have to look up the mail from Nicola where he answered this
> question in detail.
>
> Hang in there. ;-)

I found my own mail (based on nicolas):
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=forrest-dev&m=108942719309996&w=2
<snip>
Maybe I should but it in a how-to ;-).
</snip>

Can you do it? ;-)

HTH
thorsten

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.
On Nov 4, 2004, at 2:46 AM, Stephan E. Schlierf wrote:
> I am modifying the css-files for the pelt skin in order to create my
> own skin
> (especially in order to prevent update problems).
>
> In screen.css I find some curious named pictures, for example
> rc-t-r-15-1body-2menu-3menu.png but I can't find them in the images
> directory.
> My question is: How can I modify them because the color of these
> pictures
> doesn't fit to my skin?
>
> TIA,
> Stephan

I don't recall where those are stored, but I *believe* those relate to
the 'corners' (rounded corners to be precise) which are applied to the
tabs and the bottom of the site nav.

 From http://forrest.apache.org/skin/screen.css

* Round corner
*/