Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Ben Snowden <bs...@ColdJet.com> on 2011/03/01 16:50:04 UTC

Re: reverse_map not happening as expected

I appear to be having the same problem getting our crystal reports server to work through the reverse proxy. When a client posts the report, the crystal server sends a http 302 response with the address of the generated report.

I have done packet capture on the client and it is receiving the http 302 with a location that is not being translated. The report server runs on port 3334. The client receives a url like http://external.domain.com:3334/... Even though I have reverse_map rule:

Reverse_map http://external.domain.com:3334/            http://external.domain.com/

Forward rule is:

Map http://external.domain.com/          http://internal.domain.com:3334/

Pristine headers is set to 1
ATS 2.1.5 ubuntu 10.04

I tried changing ATS to also listen on the custom port but didn't seem to have much luck. I will try changing the port on the crystal server but I don't know what kind of dependencies that will break.

I upgraded to 2.1.5 because I thought it would fix a ssl issue I was having. Since that didn't work, does anyone know if this problem exists on 2.0.1? I can roll back pretty easily.

Thanks!

Re: reverse_map not happening as expected

Posted by "Michael A. Smith" <ms...@zimbra.naz.edu>.

Re: reverse_map not happening as expected

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.
On 03/01/2011 04:09 PM, Leif Hedstrom wrote:
> On 03/01/2011 03:56 PM, Ben Snowden wrote:
>>
>> Haha. That's why I went into networking and not programming. I was
>> successful in getting my workaround going. Seems I had to completely
>> restart ATS to get it to listen on an additional port instead of just
>> running traffic_line --x.
>>

> Any chance you'd be able to test "trunk" in a few? Fwiw, these fixes
> should fix reverse_map, redirect and permanent_redirect.

It's gonna take me a little longer to clean this up, but I'll have it
committed on trunk tomorrow for sure. I'll attach the fixes to TS-675,
which is a bug for "redirect" maps not working, but it's the same
problem. Basically all of

     redirect
     redirect_permanent
     reverse_map

got broken (by yours truly). Hang in there though, and keep filing bugs!

-- leif

Re: reverse_map not happening as expected

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ben Snowden <bs...@ColdJet.com>.
Haha. That's why I went into networking and not programming. I was successful in getting my workaround going. Seems I had to completely restart ATS to get it to listen on an additional port instead of just running traffic_line -x.

Thanks for confirming the bug,

Ben

On 03/01/2011 08:50 AM, Ben Snowden wrote:
I appear to be having the same problem getting our crystal reports server to work through the reverse proxy. When a client posts the report, the crystal server sends a http 302 response with the address of the generated report.

I have done packet capture on the client and it is receiving the http 302 with a location that is not being translated. The report server runs on port 3334. The client receives a url like http://external.domain.com:3334/... Even though I have reverse_map rule:

Reverse_map http://external.domain.com:3334/            http://external.domain.com/

Forward rule is:

Map http://external.domain.com/          http://internal.domain.com:3334/

I suspect this will work with v2.0.1, and perhaps v2.1.3. The problem is that I'm an idiot.

I'm looking at the issue now, hopefully a patch soon for trunk.

-- leif

Re: reverse_map not happening as expected

Posted by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>.