Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by kan <ka...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/09 11:13:35 UTC

svn 1.5 want access to root with no reason.

We have updated to the latest 1.5 version of svn. Now we have a
problem with some operations. E.g.
C:\work>svn -m version cp
https://someserver.com/svn/ProjectName/2008/trunk -r56318
https://someserver.com/svn/ProjectName/2008/tags/8.11.07
svn: Server sent unexpected return value (403 Forbidden) in response
to PROPFIND request for '/svn'

C:\work>svn --version
svn, version 1.5.0 (r31699)
  compiled Jun 23 2008, 12:59:48

but if the same command line works fine with svn 1.4.

Our svn-server is configured to give no access to root folder
(https://someserver.com/svn/) but gives rw access to project folders
(https://someserver.com/svn/ProjectName/), and seems svn1.5 want to do
something with root even it I work only with project folders.
And this command is not only one which gives that problem, in some
circumstances (not sure which, but I guess if new files were added) it
gives the same error even for "svn up" command.

--
WBR, kan.