Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/12 10:21:05 UTC

Removing debug task

Hi Jacques, all,

I noticed that you added a task called debug in the master build script. It
is not working because the syntax is incorrect (should be "ofbizDebug", not
"ofbiz ofbizDebug".

However, I recommend removing this task and let developers use the
ofbizDebug directly. Why? because ofbizDebug activates the debugger on
everything (--test --load-data --shutdown --start --help) So it helps
developers in debugging any scenario. If you keep the debug task then
developers might not be aware that they have these different combinations
of debugging options available.

Taher Alkhateeb

Re: Removing debug task

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Mentioning in this thread as well (already mentioned) that I removed
ofbizSecure and ofbizBackgroundSecure in r1756305 with details in OFBIZ-7951

Re: Removing debug task

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
I have no problems reverting start and stop tasks since we will rename the ofbizDebug and ofbizBackground patterns to debug and background and the
secure patterns will be removed.

I'll then happily run locally OFBiz using "g o", etc.

Both are removed at r1756269, with the soon useless debug task

Jacques

Le 13/08/2016 � 11:58, Taher Alkhateeb a �crit :

Re: Removing debug task

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
I agree Jacopo. Less is more.

Re: Removing debug task

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.

Re: Removing debug task

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Le 12/08/2016 � 13:25, Taher Alkhateeb a �crit :
> I see no problem in this renaming. It makes things shorter and nicer.
> However, please make sure to update all references in README.md in the
> entire file.

I said in "I just tried renaming the patterns everywhere in OFBiz" ;)

Re: Removing debug task

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Yep, will do, waiting for other opinions before...

Jacques

Le 12/08/2016 � 13:28, Taher Alkhateeb a �crit :

Re: Removing debug task

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.

Re: Removing debug task

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.