Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Matilda Robert <ma...@wfinet.com> on 2006/08/02 21:18:11 UTC

M2-Release:prepare

Hi all,

I have been working on the release:prepare command line for a few days now
and can't get it to work.  I added the link in my pom.xml to perform the
release, after making a copy of the trunk and created a branch in svn.  I
ran both the mvn release:prepare and the mvn release: prepare with the
-Dproject.scm.developerConnection and -DtagBase commands with the links to
go with them and the first part builds successfully but the second parts
gives me an working copy build error.  I made sure that my path was correct
and even made some modifications in the pom to make sure that my code was
correct but I still get the same error.  I tried deleting the path and
rechecking out the directory on several occasions and I keep getting the
same error.

I guess my question is did anyone get the command to work yet in svn?  It
looks like even thought I am getting an error on the second part my target
directory is green like it is checked into svn; the target directory
shouldn't be checked into svn.  I am just a little confused and need a
little help getting over this hurdle.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.  The book wasn't very helpful because at the time the book was
written the Release command wasn't completed yet.  I found some helpful
information online and this is as far as I got.

Please help,

Matilda

Attention:
authorized to state them to be the views of any such entity. The
information contained in this message and or attachments is
intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and
may contain confidential and/or privileged material.  If you
material from any system and destroy any copies.