Posted to user@ode.apache.org by Mark Howard <mh...@tildemh.com> on 2009/10/12 14:32:50 UTC

ODESession XML Schema

Hi,

Is there an xml schema for the odesession:callback soap headers or any more
documentation for it?
I can't find a relevant schema in the source code - is this all just hand
crafted in code?
The reason for this request is that I'd like to use ODE's implicit
correlation between a BPEL process in ODE and a separate web service, so
that the web service can provide an asynchronous callback. I know there
might be better ways of doing this (e.g. ws-addressing), but the implicit
correlation approach looks very easy and I've been having a few tooling
issues with ws-addressing support.

In terms of documentation, I'm really after a description of what headers
ODE expects in the callback message. I get the following headers set when
making a call from ODE, but what should I set when sending an asynchronous
callback to the given address?

<odesession:callback
xmlns:odesession="http://www.apache.org/ode/type/session">
<addr:Address
xmlns:addr="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing">http://localhost:8080/ode/processes/asyncgdbtest/NewDiagram3/Pool0/Pool1/Pool0AndPool1ForGDBPortPlk</addr:Address>
<odesession:session>24af7ab1-9c46-45fd-a63b-a838a5d31f37-1</odesession:session>
</odesession:callback>

Thanks in advance for any pointers,

Regards,

Mark Howard

Re: ODESession XML Schema

Posted by Matthieu Riou <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Oct 13, 2009 at 12:34 AM, Mark Howard <mh...@tildemh.com> wrote:

> Alex Boisvert-3 wrote:
> >
> > The related documentation is at:
> > http://ode.apache.org/stateful-exchange-protocol.html
> >

> Thanks for the link.
> The documentation appears to be slightly different to the soap headers that
> ode is setting when invoking my service. The docs say that the identifier
> will be in a 'identifier' element, but the headers that are being sent
> contain an identifier as a 'session' element.
> Also, the documentation uses the namespace prefix 'state:', but ode sets
> the
> prefix 'odesession' with namespace http://www.apache.org/ode/type/session?
> Could the differences be related to the ODE version - I'm using ODE within
> Intalio BPMS 6.0.1 (which I think is based on ODE 1.3.2).

The spec hasn't been updated after implementation, a couple names have
changed. Logging a couple request/response should give you what you need
though.

Matthieu

Re: ODESession XML Schema

Posted by Mark Howard <mh...@tildemh.com>.