Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Stefan Schablowski <st...@prolificx.com> on 2007/08/21 22:54:03 UTC

svnsync: DAV request failed

Hi all,

I would like to svnsync a repo running on a FreeBSD server to my local
laptop running Windows XP.
I followed the instructions in the SVN book, but when I do

svnsync initialize http://svn.mycompany.com svn://localhost --username
<myusername> --password <mypassword>

all I get is

svnsync: DAV request failed; it's possible that the repository's
pre-revprop-change hook either failed or is non-existent
svnsync: At least one property change failed; repository is unchanged

I can access both repos, the target one was just created, nothing in
there yet.
It does not seem to matter if I use svn://localhost or anything else,
the error message is the same.
I tried running svnsync on the server and on the local laptop, same
result.

server# svn --version
svn, version 1.4.2 (r22196)
   compiled Jan 15 2007, 17:41:59