Posted to dev@zeppelin.apache.org by Jun Kim <i2...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/10 17:37:02 UTC

Visualization class of Helium: Which method should I must override?

Hi, dear devs!

Currently, I'm developing a Helium visualization package.

But, class Visualization
<https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/blob/master/zeppelin-web/src/app/visualization/visualization.js>
is
not clear about abstract methods.
It seems like I should override render, but some of them are optional (e.g.
refresh, destroy etc.)

So, If you let me know which method is mandatory and which one is optional,
I would like to create an issue :)
A mandatory method should throw an error if not implemented. (Like SpellBase
<https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/blob/master/zeppelin-web/src/app/spell/spell-base.js>
!)

Taejun Kim

Data Mining Lab.
University of Seoul

Re: Visualization class of Helium: Which method should I must override?

Posted by Park Hoon <1a...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Jun.

- every class which extending visualization should override `render` method.
- and should have `this.transformation` which is used to convert table data.

currently, 3 transformations are available.

-
https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/blob/master/zeppelin-web/src/app/tabledata/columnselector.js
-
https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/blob/master/zeppelin-web/src/app/tabledata/pivot.js
-
https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/blob/master/zeppelin-web/src/app/tabledata/passthrough.js

and here are few examples.

- (Pivot)
https://github.com/apache/zeppelin/blob/master/zeppelin-web/src/app/visualization/builtins/visualization-linechart.js
- (Columnselector) https://github.com/1ambda/zeppelin-highcharts-heatmap
- (Columnselector)
https://github.com/1ambda/zeppelin-highcharts-bubble/blob/master/index.js

since PassthroughTransformation is not that useful, you can ignore.

Thanks.