Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by ken carlino <ke...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/01 05:44:46 UTC

How to use the inputfileupload component

All,

I am trying to use the <inputfileupload > in myfaces.

Here is my html file:

    <h:outputLabel styleClass="desc" for="file"
value="#{text['buildForm.file']}"/>

    <t:message for="file" styleClass="fieldError"/>
    <t:inputFileUpload id="file" value="#{addBuildForm.file}"
storage="file" required="true" styleClass="file medium">
        <v:commonsValidator type="required" arg="#{text['buildForm.file']}"/>
    </t:inputFileUpload>

And in my backbean, I have this :
private UploadedFile file;

	public UploadedFile geFile() {
		return file;
	}

	public void setFile(UploadedFile file) {
		this.file = file;
	}

But when I click the submit, the file property is null. I expect it is
popular by myfaces.

Can you please tell me what am i missing?

Thank you.

Re: How to use the inputfileupload component

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
do you have the extensionsfilter in web,xml?
do you use "multipart/form-data" as enctype attr setting on the form?
can you check against the demo?

here is an article on that
http://www.onjava.com/pub/a/onjava/2005/07/13/jsfupload.html

--