Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org> on 2019/07/08 19:04:55 UTC

Seeking Pilot Users to Test Out Mobile Money Integration with Hover Automation SDK for USSD

Hi Community,

We have been in talks with the team at Hover to incorporate their USSD
automation SDK into our mobile banking and mobile wallet apps. Their SDK is
quite powerful in that it allows USSD actions to be more incorporated
directly into mobile apps. So rather than have a user have to go through a
clunky, menu driven user interface you can directly build a nice user
experience in your app to guide those USSD actions.

The benefits include being able to directly incorporate mobile payments in
an app, especially valuable where a mobile money API is not available, an
app can still process payments when data is not available, and your have
full control over the user experience in an app versus a clunky USSD menu.

We are looking to work closely with the Hover team to ultimately offer a
community-wide pricing package to those institutions that might want to use
Hover in their apps but first need to test out the integration.

Each integration is specific to the USSD provider so we need to work with a
small set of partners/users to 1) define the specific actions based on the
USSD menus of that provider and 2) work with a user who can actually test
the app and integration locally on the live network.

Right now we're looking to test out the MTN Uganda Mobile Money connection,
MTN Ghana, Safaricom in Kenya, Airtel in South Asia, Wave Money in Myanmar
and possibly a provider in Latin America. We are also open to testing out
the integration for other mobile money providers so welcome interested
parties to reply to this thread.

Our GSOC interns are working on the integration with the Hover team ready
to support them so we're eager to find some interested pilot users.

Learn more about Hover at:

https://www.usehover.com/

https://medium.com/use-hover/automate-any-ussd-service-on-android-45aa9dd9dfa

--
*Ed Cable*
President/CEO, Mifos Initiative

RE: [Mifos-users] Seeking Pilot Users to Test Out Mobile Money Integration with Hover Automation SDK for USSD

Posted by Allen Bailochan Tuladhar <al...@imperialcoop.com>.
Hi Ed:

We would be interested to explore further and integrate this with our solution.

Regards,
Allen

edcable@mifos.org<ma...@mifos.org> | Skype: edcable | Mobile: +1.484.477.8649

Collectively Creating a World of 3 Billion Maries | http://mifos.org [https://secure.plimus.com/developers/817570/Template/icon-tiny-facebook.png] <http://facebook.com/mifos>  [http://organizationsandmarkets.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/icon-tiny-twitter.png] <http://www.twitter.com/mifos>

Re: Seeking Pilot Users to Test Out Mobile Money Integration with Hover Automation SDK for USSD

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.
I have had some more recent discussions with the Hover team around getting
support from their side to configure parsers to listen to the inbox such
that mobile money transactions affecting accounts in Mifos/Fineract but not
initiated via Hover could still be tracked and captured.

Before I move forward with getting some support from their team, I wanted
to have more defined use cases from our potential pilot users and the
integration of the Hover SDK underway.

For those individuals that expressed an interest previously in piloting the
integration, please take the time to document your USSD actions in this
document:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1E9_pjA3op3anEVLr4SCSYYxdJgo0GfzlWmn6GbM2yr8/edit?usp=drivesdk

It should be editable.

I will also reach out to set up calls with those who have expressed
interest and am working with our mobile development interns to support the
integration of the Hover SDK.

Ed

Posted by Ed Cable <ed...@mifos.org>.

Posted by Patrick Finken <pa...@finksolutions.ca>.
Hi Ed,

--
Patrick Finken,
Principal Consultant

Re: Seeking Pilot Users to Test Out Mobile Money Integration with Hover Automation SDK for USSD

Posted by Francis Guchie <fr...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ed,

Currently here in Sierra Leone, we are working closely with one of the
Mobile Network providers. Once we are set it would be nice to test it here
if possible. I can not say much for now nevertheless, i am deeply
interested in seeing this integration work

I am eager to be of help where i can.

My Kind Regards

Francis Guchie Kirago