Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by oh...@yahoo.com on 2020/05/14 15:04:16 UTC

Proxying Syncope console with Apache reverse-proxy?

Hi,

I am trying to proxy the Syncope console with an Apache (reverse) proxy.

So far, after I setup the Apache proxy, I can get to the Syncope console login page, but when I try to submit the login, nothing happens.

I have been trying to diagnose what is going on, but so far, I cannot see what might be the problem?

Has anyone done this before?  If so, could you share how you had to set up the Apache configuration?

Right now, I am only using ProxyPass and ProxyPassReverse.

Thanks,
Jim

Re: Proxying Syncope console with Apache reverse-proxy?

Posted by oh...@yahoo.com.
 Ok, I was missing a configuration in server.xml... it is working now.

     On Thursday, May 14, 2020, 03:15:44 PM EDT, <oh...@yahoo.com> wrote:

  Also in the Tomcat localhost log file I am seeing this:

192.168.181.153 - - [14/May/2020:18:41:33 +0000] "POST /syncope-console/login;jsessionid=145679823C04C8CB87203E692507C264?0-1.0-login-submit HTTP/1.1" 400 1186

I think that is a 400 error, but I am not sure "why?" because I am not seeing any errors in the tomcat logs.

Or maybe that 400 is due to the captcha error in the enduser.log file?

Jim

     On Thursday, May 14, 2020, 02:41:13 PM EDT, <oh...@yahoo.com> wrote:

  Actually I found the enduser.properties in several places, and I changed those params to "false" in all of them, but I still get stuck at the login page.

     On Thursday, May 14, 2020, 02:34:07 PM EDT, <oh...@yahoo.com> wrote:

  I found xsrf and catcha parameters in the /syncope-archetype/enduser/target/classes/enduser.properties file, and I set both parameters to "false", and bounced the tomcat, but still it is getting stuck.

I am also now still seeing the following error in the enduser.log:

18:27:38.717 ERROR org.apache.syncope.client.enduser.init.ClassPathScanImplementationLookup - Could not find annotation org.apache.syncope.client.enduser.annotations.Resource in org.apache.syncope.client.enduser.resources.CaptchaResource, ignoring

Please advise.

Thanks,
Jim

     On Thursday, May 14, 2020, 02:18:49 PM EDT, <oh...@yahoo.com> wrote:

  Hi,

I just found these msgs in the syncope-archetype/logs/enduser.log:

14:17:04.128 ERROR org.apache.syncope.client.enduser.resources.BaseResource - XSRF TOKEN does not match

I am guessing that XSRF is something to do with cross-site? Is there some config we have to change in Syncope to enable the proxying to work?

Thanks,
Jim