Posted to user@openmeetings.apache.org by Michael Wuttke <mi...@beuth-hochschule.de> on 2014/08/08 12:28:40 UTC

feature requests for OM

Hello maxim,

Here are some thoughts about the handling of the screen sharing
application in OM:

As a normal user it is difficult to reach the chat and write in it if
the screen sharing application is open. The shared screen is overlaying
the chat. Of course, I can move the shared screen a little bit around -
but only in the window of the OM room - and I can hold on the screen
sharing for the time of writing in the chat. But in this moment I can
not follow the screen sharing. It would be nice if there were an
opportunity to minimise the shared screen a little bit.

And it is not possible to get the screen sharing app again, if I've
closed the screen app. So I have to re-enter the room to get the
opportunity to open the screen sharing app again. After a re-entering of
the OM room it is possible to get the screen sharing again, of course.
But it would be nice if there were an opportunity to get the screen
again without re-entering the room.

In the screen sharing/recording dialogue would it be nice to change the
fields 'Wigth:' & 'Height:' with 'X-Offset' & 'Y-Offset' because in this
dialogue I have to fill out/change Wighth & Height before I can adjust
X-Offset and/or Y-Offset.

Maybe you have time to have a look at it and these ideas could be
integrated in a future release?

Thanks & Greetings,
Michael

Re: feature requests for OM