Posted to proton@qpid.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/04 21:26:59 UTC

Changing master to always use x.y.z format versions

Hi folks,

Flavio raised the question on the 0.10 vote thread of whether we could
change our versions to always use 3 parts, rather than change back and
forth from 2 whenever there is a point release. I think this is a good
idea (I'm using 3 on the JMS client for the reasons he stated), so I'd
like to change master to be 0.11.0-SNAPSHOT] rather than just the
0.11-SNAPSHOT it is currently.

I'll look to do that next week unless there are any objections.

Robbie

Re: Changing master to always use x.y.z format versions

Posted by Chuck Rolke <cr...@redhat.com>.
+1 to 3 for all

Posted by Ken Giusti <kg...@redhat.com>.

--
-K

Re: Changing master to always use x.y.z format versions

Posted by Flavio Percoco <fl...@redhat.com>.
On 07/09/15 18:15 +0100, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
>On 4 September 2015 at 20:26, Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Flavio raised the question on the 0.10 vote thread of whether we could
>> change our versions to always use 3 parts, rather than change back and
>> forth from 2 whenever there is a point release. I think this is a good
>> idea (I'm using 3 on the JMS client for the reasons he stated), so I'd
>> like to change master to be 0.11.0-SNAPSHOT] rather than just the
>> 0.11-SNAPSHOT it is currently.
>>
>> I'll look to do that next week unless there are any objections.
>>
>> Robbie
>
>I have nowmade the change, by running "bin/version.sh  0.11.0-SNAPSHOT":
>https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=qpid-proton.git;a=commit;h=c7710b4ed5af2916d9725f7bec6805896b2e35f1
>
>I gave the maven and cmake builds both a run, and built+used qpidd
>master against the proton-c install, all seemed well.

Awesome news!

Thanks, Robbie. I really think this will make version's management and
releases easier.

Flavio

--
@flaper87
Flavio Percoco

Re: Changing master to always use x.y.z format versions

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.