Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Chad Woolley <li...@thewoolleyweb.com> on 2005/03/13 20:49:40 UTC

Can't get plugin to download/install correctly

Hi,

I have a plugin I am working on (the EMMA plugin at emma.sf.net), and I
cannot get it to install correctly from a central repo.

I have installed in my company's central repository in
/emma/plugins/maven-emma-plugin-0.4.jar.  I then have an "updateplugins"
common goal that developers can run to make sure it is installed:

      <goal name="updateplugins">
        <j:set var="type" value="plugin"/>
         <j:set var="groupId" value="emma"/>
         <j:set var="artifactId" value="maven-emma-plugin"/>
         <j:set var="version" value="0.4"/>
         <attainGoal name="plugin:download"/>

I also add the dependencies (emma jars) in the project.xml of the project.

However, after running this, the goals in the plugin (like emma:report)
are not found.  BUT, if I run plugin:install from within the plugin
project itself, it installs fine!

Also, when I do this same procedure for other plugins, it work.

Can anyone explain what I'm doing wrong, and how to get it to install
correctly from a central repo?

Thanks,
Chad

Re: Can't get plugin to download/install correctly

Posted by Kenney Westerhof <fo...@neonics.com>.
On Sun, 13 Mar 2005, Chad Woolley wrote:

Hi Chad,

I think you need to use <attainGoal name="plugin:install"/>.
plugin:download will only download it, not make it available for use.
Or does that have side-effects you don't want?

Greetings,

	Kenney

> Hi,
>
> I have a plugin I am working on (the EMMA plugin at emma.sf.net), and I
> cannot get it to install correctly from a central repo.
>
> I have installed in my company's central repository in
> /emma/plugins/maven-emma-plugin-0.4.jar.  I then have an "updateplugins"
> common goal that developers can run to make sure it is installed:
>
>       <goal name="updateplugins">
>         <j:set var="type" value="plugin"/>
>          <j:set var="groupId" value="emma"/>
>          <j:set var="artifactId" value="maven-emma-plugin"/>
>          <j:set var="version" value="0.4"/>
>          <attainGoal name="plugin:download"/>
>
> I also add the dependencies (emma jars) in the project.xml of the project.
>
> However, after running this, the goals in the plugin (like emma:report)
> are not found.  BUT, if I run plugin:install from within the plugin
> project itself, it installs fine!
>
> Also, when I do this same procedure for other plugins, it work.
>
> Can anyone explain what I'm doing wrong, and how to get it to install
> correctly from a central repo?
>
> Thanks,
> Chad

Kenney Westerhof