Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Kevin Galligan <kg...@gmail.com> on 2006/10/02 20:53:37 UTC

Facelets and JSP editors/Bea Studio tool

If anybody uses a JSP editor for their JSF development but wants to
use Facelets for the view technology, I've coded something that
*might* be useful.

I personally use Bea's (formerly M7's) JSP/JSF editor eclipse plugin.
Love it.  It doesn't support Facelets.  Since Facelets is so close to
JSP syntax, having a process convert the files during the build
process seemed like a reasonable approach.

http://www.bigheadco.com/jsptofacelets

It includes a maven plugin for converting the files during the build,
as well as an eclipse plugin that will convert files when saved.  If
you're an ant user, you can get the source from sourceforge and add an
ant target.  Better yet, I can set you up on the sourceforge project
and you can contribute.

In order to get the eclipse plugin to work, I added a more general
maven war builder eclipse plugin.  It essentially copies war project
output to the exploded directory when saved in eclipse (as opposed to
running the maven war plugin on each edit).

http://www.bigheadco.com/warplugineclipsebuilder

This should work with other JSP editors.  I've personally only used
the Bea one.  Well, and Exadel, but exadel has support for Facelets
built in, so its kind of pointless, right?

Comments welcome.

-Kevin