Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jon Swartz <sw...@avantgo.com> on 2001/02/07 21:51:28 UTC

Sr software engineer positions at AvantGo

The mobile internet team at AvantGo is looking for excellent web engineers!

Located in San Mateo, AvantGo develops software to deliver internet/intranet
content to handheld devices and cell phones. We mantain the fun, casual and
intellectual environment of a small company, while striving to grow
aggressively in our space.

The mobile internet team is responsible for technologies underlying
AvantGo's web site, internet sync service, and the handheld user interface.
We develop web applications with Perl, Apache, mod_perl, Mason, and mysql.
We also develop our highly-tuned server infrastructure in C.  Generally
engineers get the choice of which kind of work they'd like to do, with
FreeBSD Unix as a common platform.

Requirements: strong software development skills, experience with Unix and
web technologies. Plusses include experience with C and/or Perl, Apache,
SQL, and a computer science or equivalent degree.

All positions are full-time and on-site. Occasional work-at-home may be
negotiated.

Send your resume to swartz@avantgo.com or tom@avantgo.com if interested.

Cheers
Jon