Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Stefan Arentz <st...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/18 18:23:57 UTC

Message expiration on but queue only growing?

I have a queue that contains messages with an expiration time of 60
seconds. However I only see this queue growing. It is currently 30K
messages. I do see some decreases in size on JMX console graphs but
nothing that comes close to expiring messages that are now days old.
What could be the cause of that?

When I look in log files of consumers I see that expiration is enabled:

 ActiveMQObjectMessage { ... expiration = 1187454102768, timestamp =
1187454042768 ... }

But it does not seem to actually work.

Has anyone seen this before?

 S.

Re: Message expiration on but queue only growing?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
Sure :-). Otherwise patches are always welcome

--
James
-------

Re: Message expiration on but queue only growing?

Posted by Stefan Arentz <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.