Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Dmitry Pavlov <dp...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/16 09:27:04 UTC

Avoid JIRA comments deletion

Hi Igniters,

What do you think about deletion of comment in JIRA tickets? I constantly
see that participants add comments, and then delete them.

IMO , we have partially lost the history of problem research, and we can
lose interesting ideas about the problem causes; or already tested
hypotheses.

I understand that the commentary may be outdated, but it can be underlined
by the second comment, which speaks about it explicitly.

Please share your vision.

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov

Re: Avoid JIRA comments deletion

Posted by Dmitry Pavlov <dp...@gmail.com>.
I do not suggest to restrict removal using JIRA rights, it is not
reasonable.

I ask contributors to avoid such practice. In a number of cases it doesn't
make any sense and confuses community members.

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.

Posted by Dmitry Pavlov <dp...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vladimir,

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.