Posted to dev@unomi.apache.org by Serge Huber <sh...@apache.org> on 2021/09/10 07:28:57 UTC

Unomi board report for September 2021

Hi all,

I have prepared the board report for September, let me know what you think
(+1 is fine :))

The mission of Apache Unomi is the creation and maintenance of software
related
to providing a reference implementation of the OASIS Customer Data Platform
specification currently being worked on by the OASIS Context Server
Technical
Committee

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention.

## Membership Data:
Apache Unomi was founded 2019-02-20 (3 years ago)
There are currently 14 committers and 7 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is 2:1.

Community changes, past quarter:
- No new PMC members. Last addition was Taybou on 2021-03-19.
- No new committers. Last addition was Anatol Sialitski on 2021-01-29.

## Project Activity:
The focus is on the next releases, improving the flexibility of the platform
to be deployed as SaaS. Security, performance, deployment and integration
improvements are all strong focuses, as is the next big version (2.0) that
will
implement the full OASIS specification in GraphQL. The CDP market is clearly
growing and Unomi's opportunity is clear but we have to make sure we can
grow the projects visibility and user base by making it easier to work with
for non-Java developers.

## Community Health:
The community is staying healthy, but during the summer months things have
been a bit quieter, as is to be expected. Again, we see a lot more activity
on
Slack than in the mailing lists, as well as in Github. The stats are a bit
lower than in the last report because we had a lot of activity due to the
security releases.

Here are the stats:

- dev@unomi.apache.org had a 47% decrease in traffic in the past
  quarter (341 emails compared to 640)
- users@unomi.apache.org had a 136% increase in traffic in the past
  quarter (26 emails compared to 11)
- 17 issues opened in JIRA, past quarter (-65% change)
- 20 issues closed in JIRA, past quarter (-62% change)
- 83 commits in the past quarter (-31% change)
- 10 code contributors in the past quarter (-23% change)
- 27 PRs opened on GitHub, past quarter (-47% change)
- 26 PRs closed on GitHub, past quarter (-46% change)

Re: Unomi board report for September 2021

Posted by Francois Papon <fr...@openobject.fr>.
+1

thanks Serge!

regards,

François
fpapon@apache.org
francois.papon@openobject.fr

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
LGTM

Just wonder if it makes sense to put mailing list stats without
"details", but all good.

Regards
JB