Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Peter Ent <pe...@adobe.com> on 2013/11/05 21:20:21 UTC

[FlexJS] DataGrid

Hi,

I've updated FlexJS with a DataGrid component. There is both an ActionScript and a JavaScript version. I also added an example application. I'll update some Wiki pages either today or tomorrow with an explanation of the component. This DataGrid is a basic shell that is a composed of a ButtonBar for the header and Lists for the columns and uses a simple itemRenderer for the cells.

In case you weren't aware, one of the key features of FlexJS is its use of styles to provide default component beads. For example, you can specify which bead to use to draw a button. This aspect of FlexJS was not present in the JavaScript side until recently when Alex Harui added that capability; before Alex's change the JavaScript version of a component had its beads hard-coded. While creating the DataGrid component I changed a few other components to extracting their beads from the style sheet which cleaned them up a quite a bit. There is still more work to do on that front but so far it works quite well.

Regards,
Peter Ent
Flex SDK Team
Adobe Systems