Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/10 07:55:04 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Introducing Tynamo!

We are pleased to officially introduce Tynamo project and announce our
first releases and immediate availability of tapestry-model,
tapestry-hibernate-seedentity, tapestry-conversations and
tynamo-archetype modules. Tynamo is a continuation of Trails framework
and is based on Tapestry 5.

Tynamo features:
* tapestry-model provides a model-driven development and a
CRUD framework for Tapestry 5
* tapestry-hibernate-seedentity allows you to seed your database in
an object-oriented manner
* tapestry-conversations provide a conversational scope

Get your hands dirty now and try out Tynamo's archetype, following our
Quick start (http://tynamo.org/Quick+start). Tynamo project home is at
http://tynamo.org. Welcome!

Feel free to link to us, we are just getting started and we have many
other modules, such as security and REST, waiting under our wings so
stay tuned for more releases! Meet us via IRC at #tynamo on
irc.codehaus.org or subscribe to user@tynamo.codehaus.org at

Enjoy,
Tynamo team

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Introducing Tynamo!

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
Oh yes, that is way easier than with Trails/Tapestry4. It could be as
simple as adding tynamo-model dependency to your existing project and
then copying the default page templates from archetype into your
existing project, but as existing projects differ and do all kind of
crazy things, it's difficult to write exact generalized steps that
would work uniformly for all projects. I'd start with the two things I
mentioned, compare that to a running archetype and resolve conflicts
as you go.

Kalle

Posted by "Vangel V. Ajanovski" <aj...@ii.edu.mk>.

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 3:14 AM, Vangel V. Ajanovski <aj...@ii.edu.mk> wrote:
> Our project is Tapestry 5.1.0.5 based and setup like in
> http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/Tapstry5First_project_with_Tapestry5,_Spring_and_Hibernate
> Is there a possibility to add just tapestry-model to the project and
> have both our hand built pages and Tynamo CRUD pages at a custom path?

Without url-rewriting, no, not currently. I had a similar need myself,
but I simply renamed my custom application pages if they collided with
the default Tynamo pages. Because of associations between pages and

Posted by "Vangel V. Ajanovski" <aj...@ii.edu.mk>.

Posted by Alejandro Scandroli <al...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Igor for your inputs, we will fix that.

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/TYNAMO-20
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/TYNAMO-21

Alejandro.

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 11:28 AM, Igor Drobiazko
<ig...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, I run the archetype and imported the maven project into Eclipse. Then
> I started the app with run-jetty-run plugin.
> I think run-jetty-run is not able to handle maven dependencies of type
> "war". Why actually a war? You could put the resources into some of your
> jars and use the "classpath" prefix for assets. Your force your users to
> start the apps with mvn jetty:run.
> You could also put the resources into the archetype. I would expect the
> archetype to work out of the box with any IDE and without any mvn commandos.

I know. There are of course several ways to do this. War overlay buys
us two things: it's expanded by the build so you can easily replace
anything you like in the theme but you can still run it in a separate
webapplication and even switch to a different one runtime. The
downside is that its not as nice for development. Classpath resources
in a jar is nice and automatic but makes the resources little less
transparent and harder override. We could of course keep them all
expanded in the archetype but then we'd need to duplicate the
resources several times as the same theme is used in example
applications. So you know, we've thought about it, but there are pros
and cons to every approach.

Kalle

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.

<ka...@gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 5:14 AM, Igor Drobiazko
> <ig...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Congratulations to the Tynamo Team! Keep on doing a great job.
>
> Thanks Igor!
>
> > I looks like the archetype is a little bit buggy. The css of the layout
> > component "context:themes/tapestryskin/theme.css" is missing. Also some
> > message keys like "navigationMenu".
>
> Were you running from your IDE? It's actually not missing but the
> whole theme is a war overlay. Jetty:run knows how to deal with it, but
> the easiest for running in place from IDE is you run mvn install on
> the project and copy the "themes" directory from target to your
> src/main/webapp. Yeah, the documentation for tapestry-model-web and
> how you can set it up etc. is completely missing, certainly we need to
> fix that.
>
> Kalle
>
> > On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 7:55 AM, Kalle Korhonen
> > <ka...@gmail.com>wrote:
> >
> >> We are pleased to officially introduce Tynamo project and announce our
> >> first releases and immediate availability of tapestry-model,
> >> tapestry-hibernate-seedentity, tapestry-conversations and
> >> tynamo-archetype modules. Tynamo is a continuation of Trails framework
> >> and is based on Tapestry 5.
> >>
> >> Tynamo features:
> >> * tapestry-model provides a model-driven development and a
> >> CRUD framework for Tapestry 5
> >> * tapestry-hibernate-seedentity allows you to seed your database in
> >> an object-oriented manner
> >> * tapestry-conversations provide a conversational scope
> >>
> >> Get your hands dirty now and try out Tynamo's archetype, following our
> >> Quick start (http://tynamo.org/Quick+start). Tynamo project home is at
> >> http://tynamo.org. Welcome!
> >>
> >> Feel free to link to us, we are just getting started and we have many
> >> other modules, such as security and REST, waiting under our wings so
> >> stay tuned for more releases! Meet us via IRC at #tynamo on
> >> irc.codehaus.org or subscribe to user@tynamo.codehaus.org at
> >>
> >> Enjoy,
> >> Tynamo team

> > --
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Igor Drobiazko
> > http://tapestry5.de/blog

Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko
http://tapestry5.de/blog

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Introducing Tynamo!

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Igor Drobiazko <ig...@gmail.com>.

<ka...@gmail.com>wrote:

> We are pleased to officially introduce Tynamo project and announce our
> first releases and immediate availability of tapestry-model,
> tapestry-hibernate-seedentity, tapestry-conversations and
> tynamo-archetype modules. Tynamo is a continuation of Trails framework
> and is based on Tapestry 5.
>
> Tynamo features:
> * tapestry-model provides a model-driven development and a
> CRUD framework for Tapestry 5
> * tapestry-hibernate-seedentity allows you to seed your database in
> an object-oriented manner
> * tapestry-conversations provide a conversational scope
>
> Get your hands dirty now and try out Tynamo's archetype, following our
> Quick start (http://tynamo.org/Quick+start). Tynamo project home is at
> http://tynamo.org. Welcome!
>
> Feel free to link to us, we are just getting started and we have many
> other modules, such as security and REST, waiting under our wings so
> stay tuned for more releases! Meet us via IRC at #tynamo on
> irc.codehaus.org or subscribe to user@tynamo.codehaus.org at
>
> Enjoy,
> Tynamo team

Best regards,

Igor Drobiazko
http://tapestry5.de/blog

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Introducing Tynamo!

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 00:40:13 -0200, Kalle Korhonen
<ka...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Application scope? Why not just use a static property?

Better yet: a field in a singleton service.

By the way, servlet's application scope is an inherently badly idea,
specially when you think about threading.

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
and instructor

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Introducing Tynamo!

Posted by sodium <so...@yahoo.com>.
Yup, static property works for me most of the time. Just a thought anyway
since Jboss Seam has application scope as well. I agree its not really a
needed feature for Tynamo.

However, i do find some features of Jboss Seam quite likable compared to
Tap5, such as its web remoting, i just find it easier to grasp the concept
than zones. Hopefully it can be considered in near future.

On side note, i tried the conversation module for Tynamo, and i really like
it a lot :) Great job btw.

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kalle Korhonen <ka...@gmail.com>.
FYI for those interested - I just deployed our conversations example
live to Google App Engine (GAE), available at
http://example.tapestry-conversations.tynamo.org/. Figured GAE is a
good way of powering up the sample apps and at the same time, the
module serves as demonstration of maven integration with GAE.

Posted by sodium <so...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Piero Sartini <li...@pierosartini.de>.
Very nice work, congratulations!

   Piero