Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Te...@Linde-LE.com on 2003/03/27 14:37:01 UTC

Wildcard searching - Case sensitiv?

Hi all,

There ist something I don't understand about the wildcard queries.
I have  values like 'REGENERATION GAS DISTRIBUTION' in the table.
when I make a query like descr: Gas I recieve 31 hits. The same bei query
descr:gas
But when I'm searching for GAS* I don't recieve nothing.
But for gas* I recieve the same hits like gas or GAS.
I use StandardAnalyzer for both indexing and searching. I thougt this
analyzer makes all terms to lowercase?
what have I to do to get the same hits bei upper and lower case characters
in the query?

Thx for help

Arsineh

Re: Wildcard searching - Case sensitiv?