Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by "Danda, Jeff X [ITG Consultant for Sprint]" <Je...@sprint.com> on 2007/12/03 21:07:39 UTC

order of member project execution

I need to execute a collection of member projects in a specific order.
I have some mvn artifact dependencies that need to be compiled in
sequence.  I have created a single Project Group and added Member
Projects in a specific order all with the DEFAULT_SCHEDULE.   The
Project Group Summary then lists out all of these Member Projects in
alphabetical order.  When Build All Project(s) is clicked the Member
Projects are then executed in alphabetical order.  This is not desired.
I wish to execute them in the order that they were added.  How do I do
this?  How do I ensure that Member Projects are executed in a desired
order?

Also, I did try to get Continuum to execute my Member Projects in order
by creating a parent pom with my child pom projects as modules.  This
did not work either - the (module) Member Projects were still executed
alphabetically.

Any help would be appreciated!

Jeff

RE: order of member project execution

Posted by "Danda, Jeff X [ITG Consultant for Sprint]" <Je...@sprint.com>.
Hi Mark,

Ok.  I'll give that a try.  Funny thing is that my (root) parent pom
ultimately references 64 modules in the project graph.  I am getting a
table length error in the logs and am unable to build anything.  Is
there a limit to the number of modules that Continuum can handle from a
single parent pom?

Thanks for your help!

Jeff

Posted by Mark Eramo <ma...@trustvesta.com>.