Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Claude Warren <cl...@xenei.com> on 2016/03/08 22:29:46 UTC

aggregate functions in bind

While the SPARQL 1.1 Query Language recommendation appears to allow
aggregate functions for Bind (
https://www.w3.org/TR/2013/REC-sparql11-query-20130321/#rBind), I have done
some testing and I believe that aggregate functions may not be used in a
bind statment.

e.g there is no valid query where "BIND( min(?x) as ?min )" is valid

Does anyone know of an example where aggregate functions are permissible?

Claude

<http://like-like.xenei.com>

Re: aggregate functions in bind

Posted by Claude Warren <cl...@xenei.com>.
Doh!

Thank you Andy for once again politely showing that RTFM does not mean Skim
the fine manual. ;)

Claude

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 08/03/16 21:29, Claude Warren wrote:
> While the SPARQL 1.1 Query Language recommendation appears to allow
> aggregate functions for Bind (
> https://www.w3.org/TR/2013/REC-sparql11-query-20130321/#rBind), I have done
> some testing and I believe that aggregate functions may not be used in a
> bind statment.
>
> e.g there is no valid query where "BIND( min(?x) as ?min )" is valid
>
> Does anyone know of an example where aggregate functions are permissible?
>
> Claude

See "19.8 Grammar" Note 14.

     Andy