Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com> on 2012/03/06 16:19:20 UTC

Overriding the base URL in the AtomPub service document?

Hi All

When using the OpenCMIS server, is it possible to change the base URL used
in the AtomPub service document?

Currently, as far as I can tell, the <collection href= URLs are all
generated by AtomPubUtils based on the details on the HttpServletRequest.
What I'd like to be able to do is override that for some cases, such as
when the OpenCMIS server is behind a reverse proxy. What I can't seem to
find is how I go about changing that...

Is it possible to override the base URL that's used? And if so, could
someone please point me at how to do that? :)

Cheers
Nick

Re: Overriding the base URL in the AtomPub service document?

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@alfresco.com>.
On Tue, 6 Mar 2012, Florian Müller wrote:
> OpenCMIS 0.7.0 will ship a filter [2], which extracts the host name and
> HTTP scheme from the HTTP headers if the proxy provides them.

OK, thanks for the info. I'd been looking for something inside to change
it, rather than just wrapping the servlet

I'll look forward to it in 0.7. If need be, I'll try and bribe Gab with
beer on the weekend to get him to run the maven magic.... :)

Posted by Florian Müller <fm...@apache.org>.
 Hi Nick,

 Yes, it is possible. Some Servlet Engines can be configured to use
 another host name. For Tomcat see this page: [1]
 OpenCMIS 0.7.0 will ship a filter [2], which extracts the host name and
 HTTP scheme from the HTTP headers if the proxy provides them.

 Cheers,

 Florian

 [1]
 http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-7.0-doc/config/http.html#Proxy%20Support