Posted to bsf-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Victor J. Orlikowski" <vj...@dulug.duke.edu> on 2003/06/13 08:44:04 UTC

Re: BSF + Ant + Jython dependency error

On Tue, May 20, 2003 at 11:13:53AM -0400, Anthony Eden wrote:
> I went back to using the last IBM release because of this.  Is there a
> comitter who can fix these minor issues and release a final 2.3.0
> release so we can upgrade?
>
> I really hope BSF won't languish at Apache the way that it did at IBM.
> It really is an essential piece of software.

Sorry for the late reply. (My refrain).

Please temporarily downgrade to the last IBM release, for now.
Ant needs to have the classpath for the BSF it is using modified;
this will only make sense once a full 2.3 release is made.

Unfortunately, the 2.3 release, as provided to Apache, needs
serious re-organization, as Sanjiva has pointed out.

It is my plan to return this code to (very nearly) the state of
the code at the 2.2 release from IBM, add the ability to
auto-detect language engines, and release that as 2.3 in the
relatively near future.

My apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Victor
--
Victor J. Orlikowski   | The Wall is Down, But the Threat Remains!
orlikowski@apache.org  | vjo@dulug.duke.edu | vjo@us.ibm.com