Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Jeffrey Rodriguez <je...@hotmail.com> on 2000/07/14 18:47:28 UTC

Re: REDOM Design discussion.

Hi Elliote,

>>Yep. But I see that there has been other discussion about VMs. My bias is,
>>of course, to move the top of the bell curve of performance to be squarely
>>on top of J2SE 1.3 since that seems to be the JDK version that is going to
>>be picked up most widely over the next 9 months (since IBM is jumping
>>right
>>there according to what I hear, and Mac OS is jumping straight to 1.3,
>>etc.)

I share the same concerns. I think that for the near future
we should make this a requirement to be compatible with JDK 1.1.x.
with the goal to move to move on.

my 2 cents on this issue.

Jeffrey Rodriguez
IBM Silicon Valley

RE: REDOM Design discussion.

Posted by Paulo Gaspar <pa...@krankikom.de>.
JDK 1.1.x is a bit more development effort for a transitional period
before it vanishes.

Then, xerces even takes a bit more to be developed and shows up even
closer to the time that (hopefuly) JDK 1.1.x disapears.

Have fun,
Paulo Gaspar

Re: REDOM Design discussion.

Posted by James Duncan Davidson <ja...@eng.sun.com>.