Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org> on 2002/03/01 19:00:20 UTC

[???] what the heck is this?

fresh cocoon checkout, fresh compile with scratchpad included, moved the
war, started tomcat, its STDOUT gives me

  Server 1.6 is running
  Press [Ctrl]+[C] to abort

and it binds to port 9001

What's going on?

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

Re: [???] what the heck is this?

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Christian Haul wrote:

> On 01.Mar.2002 -- 07:00 PM, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> > fresh cocoon checkout, fresh compile with scratchpad included, moved the
> > war, started tomcat, its STDOUT gives me
> >
> >   Server 1.6 is running
> >   Press [Ctrl]+[C] to abort
> >
> > and it binds to port 9001
> >
> > What's going on?
>
> Stefano, it's the HSQL server that's started together with Cocoon.

Ah, damn, forgot about that. You're right. hmmm, can't give you
indication on my system since I'm helping Jacek debugging XSLTC and that
makes the system very unstable.

                          able to give birth to a dancing star.

maximum component number in cocoon.xconf? (was: portal source of my problems?)

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
On 02.Mar.2002 -- 02:48 PM, Matthew Langham wrote:
> Are other things perhaps in the scratchpad that are causing this?

Things are getting odder and odder. My conclusion was premature. It
looks like removing any three component categories from cocoon.xconf
solves my problems... are there any known limits?

How is cocoon.xconf processed anyway? Is it completely under the control
of Avalon Excalibur? So would this be an Avalon issue, then?

Oh, I'm running SuSE Linux 7.3-i386 (2.4.18rc4), jdk 1.3 (ibm 1.3,
blackdown 1.3.1, sun 1.3.1, sun 1.3.1_02), tomcat 4.0.1, cocoon HEAD as
of today.

	Chris.

--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de

RE: portal source of my problems?

Posted by Matthew Langham <ml...@s-und-n.de>.
Hi,

well I did not exactly follow the start of this thread - but nothing has
changed in the portal since we donated it a couple of weeks ago - so I don't
know why you are suddenly having problems. Also the portal doesn't use any
datasources and is completely file based.

Are other things perhaps in the scratchpad that are causing this?

Sorry I can't be of any further help

Matthew

Tel:+49-5251-1581-30  mlangham@s-und-n.de - http://www.s-und-n.de
           Weblogging at: http://www.need-a-cake.com

On 02.Mar.2002 -- 10:54 AM, Christian Haul wrote:
> On 01.Mar.2002 -- 06:45 PM, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> > > From: Christian Haul [mailto:haul@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de]

> > yours
> > something

> > Just

> Vadim, just a little update -- you're right. But I'm right as well: The
> problem occurs when using "-Dinclude.scratchpad.libs=yes"
> Will investigate further.

More specifically: if I remove the portal components from cocoon.xconf
all seems well again! So could someone knowledgeable of the initialization
process have a look at what's going on here or give some pointers?

Matthew, anything you are aware of that could cause this?

	Chris.

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.

Re: [???] what the heck is this?

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.

RE: [???] what the heck is this?

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Christian Haul [mailto:haul@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de]
>
> On 01.Mar.2002 -- 01:36 PM, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> > > From: Christian Haul [mailto:haul@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de]
>
> > > I had trouble setting up the datasources with today's CVS. Is
yours
> > > better? (see my mail on "datasources / start sequence" or
something
> > > like that)
>
> > Fresh Cocoon checkout should work just fine, with all SQL samples.
Just
> > yesterday I was checking some of these.
>
> Vadim, I'm sorry but it didn't help :-( OK, I will try to find what
broke
> CVS between yesterday and today. Just thought, someone might be able
> correlate the problem with a checkin. And since it has been some days
> since my last update I had no good starting point.

Actually, today I was trying CVS Cocoon with WebLogic 6.0 sp2, and I can
confirm that SQL samples are still working Ok.

Vadim

Re: [???] what the heck is this?

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
On 01.Mar.2002 -- 01:36 PM, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> > From: Christian Haul [mailto:haul@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de]

> > I had trouble setting up the datasources with today's CVS. Is yours
> > better? (see my mail on "datasources / start sequence" or something
> > like that)

> Fresh Cocoon checkout should work just fine, with all SQL samples. Just
> yesterday I was checking some of these.

Vadim, I'm sorry but it didn't help :-( OK, I will try to find what broke
CVS between yesterday and today. Just thought, someone might be able to
correlate the problem with a checkin. And since it has been some days I

RE: [???] what the heck is this?

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@verizon.net>.
> From: Christian Haul [mailto:haul@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de]
>
> On 01.Mar.2002 -- 07:00 PM, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> > fresh cocoon checkout, fresh compile with scratchpad included, moved
the
> > war, started tomcat, its STDOUT gives me
> >
> >   Server 1.6 is running
> >   Press [Ctrl]+[C] to abort
> >
> > and it binds to port 9001
> >
> > What's going on?

:)))

> Stefano, it's the HSQL server that's started together with Cocoon.
BTW:
> I had trouble setting up the datasources with today's CVS. Is yours
> better? (see my mail on "datasources / start sequence" or something
> like that)

Chris,

Re: [???] what the heck is this?

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
On 01.Mar.2002 -- 07:00 PM, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> fresh cocoon checkout, fresh compile with scratchpad included, moved the
> war, started tomcat, its STDOUT gives me
>
>   Server 1.6 is running
>   Press [Ctrl]+[C] to abort
>
> and it binds to port 9001
>
> What's going on?

Stefano, it's the HSQL server that's started together with Cocoon.  BTW: