Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Jeff Anctil <jf...@yahoo.ca> on 2003/11/27 05:10:40 UTC

httpd segmentation fault with RivetServerConf in httpd.conf...

Hi,

   Httpd daemons got segmentation fault  when I added this line in the
configuration`

            RivetServerConf ChildInitScript "source  file.tcl"

In the tcl file,   I want to connect to a mysql database with mysqltcl
(mysqltcl and mysqlconnect work in a script.). When I start apache, the
child processes got a segmentation fault. If I remove the mysqlconnect
statement in the script and replace it by anything else, I don't have
problems.

I'm using apache 1.3.27 with tcl 8.5, mysqltcl 2.40  and the last
release of tcl-rivet

Anyone has an idea of what is the problem ???

Jeff

P.S. Here is an output of apache error log file:

[Wed Nov 26 23:10:23 2003] [notice] Apache configured -- resuming normal
operations
[Wed Nov 26 23:10:23 2003] [notice] Accept mutex: fcntl (Default: fcntl)
[Wed Nov 26 23:10:24 2003] [notice] child pid 18556 exit signal
Segmentation Fault (11)
[Wed Nov 26 23:10:24 2003] [notice] child pid 18555 exit signal
Segmentation Fault (11)
[Wed Nov 26 23:10:25 2003] [notice] child pid 18557 exit signal
Segmentation Fault (11)

Re: httpd segmentation fault with RivetServerConf in httpd.conf...

Posted by "David N. Welton" <da...@dedasys.com>.
"Jeff Anctil" <jf...@yahoo.ca> writes:

>    Httpd daemons got segmentation fault  when I added this line in the
> configuration`

>             RivetServerConf ChildInitScript "source  file.tcl"

Hi, this was a good excuse to add something to the docs about how to
debug Apache.

http://tcl.apache.org/rivet/html/internals.en.html#id5420340

If you want, the results of what those techniques can tell you would
be useful to finding the problem...

> In the tcl file, I want to connect to a mysql database with mysqltcl
> (mysqltcl and mysqlconnect work in a script.). When I start apache,
> the child processes got a segmentation fault. If I remove the
> mysqlconnect statement in the script and replace it by anything
> else, I don't have problems.

Can you come up with a really simple example for me, so I can try it
here?  Is this the *latest* mysqltcl, because I think I recall there
being a problem with an older version.

> I'm using apache 1.3.27 with tcl 8.5, mysqltcl 2.40 and the last
> release of tcl-rivet

Compiled with or without threads?

> Anyone has an idea of what is the problem ???

Not without more information, sorry:-( I think we can figure it out
though.

--
David N. Welton
   Consulting: http://www.dedasys.com/