Posted to ojb-dev@db.apache.org by Brian McCallister <mc...@forthillcompany.com> on 2004/08/24 14:56:39 UTC

Proposal: Change J2EE/JTA jars

The Geronimo guys were kind enough to type in all the J2EE interfaces
by hand to skirt the SCSL, and the jars are available in Apache CVS.
Let's link those and get rid of this "you must go download X from Sun"

I'll put them in, but wanted to discuss before doing it.

-Brian

Re: Proposal: Change J2EE/JTA jars

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.
Martin Kalén wrote:

> If you go ahead - please also check/remove the proxy stuff which is
> still pointing to SF.net (from the times when the product was named
> "ObjectBridge"). I wouldn't mind letting go of JDK1.2 support as of
> OJB1.1 (anyone know userbase stats for this?).

+1 for remove of JDK1.2 support in OJB 1.1

Armin

Posted by Martin Kalén <mk...@apache.org>.
Brian McCallister wrote:

> The Geronimo guys were kind enough to type in all the J2EE interfaces by
> hand to skirt the SCSL, and the jars are available in Apache CVS. Let's
> link those and get rid of this "you must go download X from Sun"
>
> I'll put them in, but wanted to discuss before doing it.

I'm all for it - this has been frustrating end users for long now...

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@apache.org>.

Brian McCallister wrote:

> The Geronimo guys were kind enough to type in all the J2EE interfaces by
> hand to skirt the SCSL, and the jars are available in Apache CVS. Let's
> link those and get rid of this "you must go download X from Sun"
>
> I'll put them in, but wanted to discuss before doing it.

+1

Armin