Posted to c-dev@axis.apache.org by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/10 02:33:21 UTC

[Axis2][Fwd: Uncompression library for archive based deployment model]

Fixed prefix in Subject;

Posted by Sanjaya Ratnaweera <sa...@wso2.com>.
Samisa Abeysinghe wrote:

> Sanjaya Ratnaweera wrote:

>>> Instead of shipping it, cant we make it an optional feature so that
>>> users could download and compile if they wish so?
>>

>> The problem is minizip does not have an installable library.  If we
>> are going to use minizip we want to create it.
>>
> What do you mean by "We want to create it"? Is our code too much
> dependent on minizip? Arn't there any other open source zip libraties?

I think I should explain the state of affairs here as it is not very
intuitive.  Minizip claims that it's a library, although it doen't seem
like one.  As Samisa mentioned, we can ask users to download and install
minizip executable.  We can also think about alternatives.  If we use a
3'rd party program like unzip, there won't be any licensing issues.

Thanks

    ~sanjaya

Posted by Samisa Abeysinghe <sa...@wso2.com>.

Posted by Sanjaya Ratnaweera <sa...@wso2.com>.