Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Shushant Arora <sh...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/26 10:26:15 UTC

how to identify servers in zookeeper ensemble

Hi

Can I get to know list of servers in zookeeper ensemble in my cluster.

And what is dif between zookeeper quorum and ensemble. And is quorum is
just majority of servers then how can it be hard coded list of server in
hbase,In hbase we specify quorum as hbase.zookeeper.quorum a list of
servers:port.

Can we predefined servers which will always be part of quorum?

Re: how to identify servers in zookeeper ensemble

Posted by Guy Moshkowich <gu...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shushant,
Ensemble is the set of all ZooKeeper servers.
quorum is a subset of an ensemble that contains more than half of the
servers (more accurate servers that are not of type 'observer') which are
required for ZooKeeper service to be available.
>From http://hbase.apache.org/0.94/book/zookeeper.html:
"You must at least list the ensemble servers in hbase-site.xml using the
hbase.zookeeper.quorum property."
i.e., hbase.zookeeper.quorum is the list of ensemble (the parameter name is
misleading).
you can't list a quorum as it this list is decided in real time from all
none-observer servers that are up and connected to each other.
Hope this helps.