Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Herve AGNOUX <he...@diaam-informatique.com> on 2002/07/05 22:19:07 UTC

to be deprecated or not to be deprecated ?

Hello,

I have an application with a lot of "Category" from log4j 1.1.3. I
read in the doc of the 1.2.4 version that Category is now deprecated,
I must use Logger, OK, I agree.

I delete all my .class, and I recompile them, I supposed than the
compiler will say to me where the Category class are in my source
file, in order to replace them by Logger.

But I obtain 0 deprecated ! I suppose it's because Category is not
marked as deprecated with the javadoc tag. Is it a feature, a forget,
or other ?

Thank in advance.

--
Sur le Web, tout de suite.
Herve AGNOUX - diaam informatique

Re: to be deprecated or not to be deprecated ?

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.

The Category class was not marked with the @deprecated javadoc tag in
order to make the transition from log4j 1.1 to 1.2 as painless as
possible. At some point in time, the Category class will be marked as
@deprecated.

At 22:19 05.07.2002 +0200, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I have an application with a lot of "Category" from log4j 1.1.3. I
>read in the doc of the 1.2.4 version that Category is now deprecated,
>I must use Logger, OK, I agree.
>
>I delete all my .class, and I recompile them, I supposed than the
>compiler will say to me where the Category class are in my source
>file, in order to replace them by Logger.
>
>But I obtain 0 deprecated ! I suppose it's because Category is not
>marked as deprecated with the javadoc tag. Is it a feature, a forget,
>or other ?
>
>Thank in advance.
>
>--
>Sur le Web, tout de suite.