Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr> on 2009/01/24 13:07:19 UTC

Road to RC1

Hi,
Looks like we are near to RC1, mostly doc issues remaining :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA/fixforversion/12313160
For me the most important are :
 - reqres filter which is totally javadocless
 - documentation on how to setup and use APR transport (I'll do it)
 - update website (Ashish is doing a great job here)

Do you see any other important issues ?
I think it would be nice if we can have a GA or an RC of MINA2 for
Apachecon EU.

Julien

Re: Road to RC1

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.

--
thanks
ashish

Blog: http://www.ashishpaliwal.com/blog

Re: Road to RC1

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 2:11 PM, Julien Vermillard
<jv...@archean.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm not sure knowing the MINA architecture helps for using it. I think
> documenting interfaces and providing tutorials is much more important.
> We should try to provide good internal & architecture for 3.0, because
> actually there is too much over complexified areas.

Ok, Sounds great, but lets try to put it up for 3.0 :-)

Re: Road to RC1

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.
Hi,
I'm not sure knowing the MINA architecture helps for using it. I think
documenting interfaces and providing tutorials is much more important.
We should try to provide good internal & architecture for 3.0, because
actually there is too much over complexified areas.

Julien

Re: Road to RC1

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Road to RC1

Posted by Mark Webb <el...@gmail.com>.
I agree with Ashish.  We should move the 1.0 information from the
front main page

Re: Road to RC1

Posted by Ashish <pa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Road to RC1

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
<jv...@archean.fr> wrote:
> Hi,
> Looks like we are near to RC1, mostly doc issues remaining :
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA/fixforversion/12313160
> For me the most important are :
>  - reqres filter which is totally javadocless
>  - documentation on how to setup and use APR transport (I'll do it)
>  - update website (Ashish is doing a great job here)
>
> Do you see any other important issues ?
> I think it would be nice if we can have a GA or an RC of MINA2 for
> Apachecon EU.
>
> Julien

We also have to check JIRA and clean it (ie, either postpone issues or
fix them).

The web-site is to me the most importing thing to clean : it's a mix
up of 1.0 and 2.0 documentation, leading our users to confusion.

IMHO, we are not too far from a RC1. May be a matter of one or two
weeks, assuming we all have a little time to work on it ;)

Thanks !

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com