Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by John Moylan <jo...@sports.com> on 2001/11/05 09:55:15 UTC

embperl without modperl

Hello All.

I have installed Embperl using the CPAN.pm, unfortunately it seem to have
recognised that my Apache is mod-perl enabled, I would like to run it using
embpcgi.pl.
Seems as thought the install is configured to recognise a mod perl apache?

Sounds silly to want to do this as it will be slower than mod perl but I
would like to develop on my local mod perl enabled box using embpcgi.pl as
my host will not install mod perl.

Is there a config PREFIX that I could use to force a embpcgi.pl install?

Many thanks

John

Re: embperl without modperl

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> Is there a config PREFIX that I could use to force a embpcgi.pl install?

On a Unix box it is normaly no problem to run embpcgi.pl, also Embperl was
build for use of Apache/mod_perl. If this doesn't work for any reason, just
run Makefile.PL and say No when ask for mod_perl support and run make
install again.

Gerald