Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by pdt_p <pi...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/31 07:08:35 UTC

Custom component required message

Hi...

I create a custom component. In this custom component, it's contained 4
input texts. If I set required to true, and submit the form by not entering
any value into that component, the form won't submit but the required error
message is not displayed. I think the validation is working fine but only
the required error message is not display.
I try to add <h:message>, <h:messages>,<tr:message> and <tr:messages> but
none of them working.

In my custom component object that extends UIInput. This is the code how I
set Required attribute:

public void setRequired(boolean required) {
        super.setRequired(required);
        inpText1.setRequired(required);
        inpText2.setRequired(required);
        inpText3.setRequired(required);