Posted to user@cayenne.apache.org by Mike BergZ <be...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/04 02:39:25 UTC

IllegalArgumentException after upgrading from Cayenne 3.0.2 project to 3.1M3

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping that somebody knows a bit about common causes of
"IllegalArgumentException: DataRowStore name can't be null." exceptions.
After upgrading to 3.1M3 I always get this error on the first call to
(ServerRuntime).getContext();
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: DataRowStore
name can't be null.
    at org.apache.cayenne.access.DataRowStore.<init>(DataRowStore.java:103)
    at
org.apache.cayenne.access.DataDomain.getSharedSnapshotCache(DataDomain.java:348)
    at
org.apache.cayenne.configuration.server.DataContextFactory.createdFromDataDomain(DataContextFactory.java:108)
    at
org.apache.cayenne.configuration.server.DataContextFactory.createContext(DataContextFactory.java:56)
    at
org.apache.cayenne.configuration.CayenneRuntime.getContext(CayenneRuntime.java:182)
    at
cayenneProject.deployment.derby.CayenneProjectDerbyDeployment.connectToDatabase(CayenneProjectDerbyDeployment.java:39)
    at
cayenneProject.deployment.derby.embedded.EmbeddedDerbyDeployment.connectToDatabase(EmbeddedDerbyDeployment.java:25)
    at
cayenneProject.deployment.derby.embedded.EmbeddedDerbyDeployment.main(EmbeddedDerbyDeployment.java:15)

I have been, without much success, stripping the whole project down to the
bare-bones over the last couple days trying find the cause of this
exception.

Re: IllegalArgumentException after upgrading from Cayenne 3.0.2 project to 3.1M3

Posted by Mike BergZ <be...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the suggestions, it's fixed now.
You were right: My project's XML file was named "cayenne.xml";  renaming it
to "cayenne-<mapName>.xml" fixed it.

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.