Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Niall Gallagher <ni...@analog.com> on 2004/01/15 12:35:38 UTC

Synchronizing a Context

Hi,

I am relatively new to Velocity and I have been trying to write a shared
Context for a group of Servlets. However, I see in the Javadoc
documentation that the VelocityContext object is not thread safe, I have
also examined the hierarchy of super classes and find that it pretty
much comes down to the InternalContextBase.icachePut and
InternalContextBase.icacheGet methods.

What I was wondering was, if I synchronized these methods in a subclass
and extended the AbstractContext would I have a thread safe Context
implementation ? If not is there any support within the core Velocity
API for thread safe (preferably chained) Context objects. Any help on
this would be appreciated!

Niall