Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2012/04/11 15:42:32 UTC

Why are internal packages imported

Hi all,

I have a bundle that is created using the maven-bundle-plugin. I also
use blueprint in the bundle.

I have an internal package named: org.apache.karaf.instance.core.internal
As the name implies I would like to not export or import this package.
As long as the package is not used in blueprint the defaults of the
maven bundle plugin work and it is treated as a private package.

The problem is that I define a bean in the blueprint.xml like:
<bean id="instanceService"
class="org.apache.karaf.instance.core.internal.InstanceServiceImpl">
</bean>

Then the bundle plugin creates an import for
"org.apache.karaf.instance.core.internal". Is this a bug?
Of course I can specify the package as private package but I would like
to go with the defaults in package naming and have a rather empty
configuration for the maven bundle plugin.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect

Re: Why are internal packages imported

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Sure

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 17:30, Christian Schneider
<ch...@die-schneider.net>wrote:

> Yes I guess so. Should I open an issue for an improvement?
>
> Christian
>
> Am 11.04.2012 17:20, schrieb Guillaume Nodet:
>
>> That's a non covered use case I'd say.
>> The plugin just adds the packages to the list of packages that needs to be
>> imported so I suppose the default naming rule is overridden in those
>> cases.
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 15:42, Christian Schneider
>> <ch...@die-schneider.net>**wrote:
>>
>>  Hi all,
>>>
>>> I have a bundle that is created using the maven-bundle-plugin. I also use
>>> blueprint in the bundle.
>>>
>>> I have an internal package named: org.apache.karaf.instance.**
>>>
>>> core.internal
>>> As the name implies I would like to not export or import this package. As
>>> long as the package is not used in blueprint the defaults of the maven
>>> bundle plugin work and it is treated as a private package.
>>>
>>> The problem is that I define a bean in the blueprint.xml like:
>>> <bean id="instanceService" class="org.apache.karaf.**
>>> instance.core.internal.****InstanceServiceImpl">
>>> </bean>
>>>
>>> Then the bundle plugin creates an import for
>>> "org.apache.karaf.instance.****core.internal".
>>>
>>> Is this a bug?
>>> Of course I can specify the package as private package but I would like
>>> go with the defaults in package naming and have a rather empty
>>> configuration for the maven bundle plugin.
>>>
>>> Christian
>>>
>>> --
>>> Christian Schneider
>>> http://www.liquid-reality.de
>>>
>>> Open Source Architect
>>> Talend Application Integration Division http://www.talend.com

> Christian Schneider
> http://www.liquid-reality.de
>
> Open Source Architect

------------------------
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
------------------------
FuseSource, Integration everywhere
http://fusesource.com

Re: Why are internal packages imported

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.

<ch...@die-schneider.net>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have a bundle that is created using the maven-bundle-plugin. I also use
> blueprint in the bundle.
>
> I have an internal package named: org.apache.karaf.instance.**
> core.internal
> As the name implies I would like to not export or import this package. As
> long as the package is not used in blueprint the defaults of the maven
> bundle plugin work and it is treated as a private package.
>
> The problem is that I define a bean in the blueprint.xml like:
> <bean id="instanceService" class="org.apache.karaf.**
> instance.core.internal.**InstanceServiceImpl">
> </bean>
>
> Then the bundle plugin creates an import for "org.apache.karaf.instance.**core.internal".
> Is this a bug?
> Of course I can specify the package as private package but I would like to
> go with the defaults in package naming and have a rather empty
> configuration for the maven bundle plugin.
>
> Christian
>
> --
> Christian Schneider
> http://www.liquid-reality.de