Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by PiRanha <Pi...@ifrance.com> on 2005/06/13 13:57:38 UTC

Re: Bad test name reported by listeners

As you may have guessed, the subject of my previous post was erroneous :
It should be "Bad test name reported by listeners" instead of "Bad test name
reported by samplers".

Regards
PiRanha

Posted by PiRanha <Pi...@ifrance.com>.
Hello sebb,

I finally found the circumstances in which the bug occurs.
In fact it occurs when a sampler (tested with SOAP and HTTP samplers) has a
name that also corresponds to the name of a header declared in a HTTP Header
Manager.

So it can be reproduced with such a Test Plan :
Test Plan
 |----- Thread Group (looping infinitely)
           |----- Interleave Controller
                     |----- HTTP Sampler (named "Test 01")
                     |----- HTTP Sampler (named "Test 02")
                     |----- HTTP Sampler (named "Test 03")
                     |----- Results Table
           |----- Java Sampler (sleep request - optional)
           |----- HTTP Header Manager (with a header called "Test 02"
defined to a value of your choice)
           |----- User Defined Variables (named "My Var")

In the results table you should get something like this :
   - Test 01
   - Test 02 <==== first time it'OK
   - Test 03
   - Test 01
   - My Var <==== next times name is KO
   - Test 03
   - Test 01
   - My Var
   - Test 03

Remarks :
1. The bug is not linked to the Interleave controller. With a Random
controller the same behaviour is observed (the first time test #2 is
processed "Test 02" is displayed, next times the name is replaced by "My
Var").
2. I'm going to report the bug in Bugzilla

Regards.
PiRanha

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like a bug.

I suggest you create a Bugzilla issue for this, and attach a short
test plan that shows the problem, along with the full jmeter.log and
jtl output file.

S.