Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Francisco Castellon <ca...@home.com> on 2001/06/23 08:34:39 UTC

Configuring httpd.conf to recognize mod_perl

Hi guys:

I installed ActivePerl and ran the *.ppd file to install mod_perl.
i got these errors though:
Writing D:\serv\lang\site\lib\auto\mod_perl\.packlist
Cannot find file 'perl' (or one of its components). Check to
ensure the path and filename are correct and that all required
libraries are available.
Cannot find file 'perl' (or one of its components). Check to
ensure the path and filename are correct and that all required
libraries are available.

This is the only part that failed and according to one of the threads in the achives (http://www.mail-archive.com/modperl@apache.org/msg18596.html)
All i had to was copy the "mod_perl.so" into my apache/modules directory and it would be ok.

So all i need to know now is how do i make apache recognize this new module? what do i need to add or change in the httpd.conf file? do i have to make any other changes anywhere else? thanx !

Re: Configuring httpd.conf to recognize mod_perl

Posted by Randy Kobes <ra...@theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca>.
On Sat, 23 Jun 2001, Francisco Castellon wrote:

> Hi guys:
>
> I installed ActivePerl and ran the *.ppd file to install mod_perl.
> i got these errors though:
> Writing D:\serv\lang\site\lib\auto\mod_perl\.packlist
> Cannot find file 'perl' (or one of its components). Check to
> ensure the path and filename are correct and that all required
> libraries are available.
> Cannot find file 'perl' (or one of its components). Check to
> ensure the path and filename are correct and that all required
> libraries are available.

Is Perl in your PATH when you're installing this?

> This is the only part that failed and according to one of the threads in the achives (http://www.mail-archive.com/modperl@apache.org/msg18596.html)
> All i had to was copy the "mod_perl.so" into my apache/modules directory and it would be ok.
>
> So all i need to know now is how do i make apache recognize this new module? what do i need to add or change in the httpd.conf file? do i have to make any other changes anywhere else? thanx !

At http://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/ppmpackages/httpd.conf-perl
there's a sample Apache httpd.conf file for Win32 mod_perl/mod_ssl.
Basically, to get started you need to load it:
This file then gives some examples of using Apache::Registry,
HTML::Embperl, Apache::ASP, and HTML::Mason in this environment.
Also, check http://perl.apache.org/, especially the mod_perl
guide, and http://take23.org/, for further information.

best regards,
randy kobes