Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Greg Trasuk <tr...@trasuk.com> on 2015/12/30 18:29:38 UTC

Re: x509 certificates for jarsigner to sign maven repos release jar file artifacts

(Pulling this over to river-dev, since it’s not really a members@ question - please reply there)

Peter:

I don’t recall seeing any requests for signed jars - could you refresh my memory?

For downloadable jars, that’s what the md5 mechanism is for (although I have to admit I’ve never used it).   It’s supposed to make sure that the signature matches what the exporting party says it is.

As far as downloading jars from Maven Central, they only go in to Maven Central if they’re PGP-signed.  If you have a look in the the svn repo (it’s in the 2.2 branch and the qa_refactor branch, but the 2.2. branch is probably more up-to-date), you’ll see ‘roll-release.sh’ which generates the signatures on the release artifacts, and ‘poms/deploy_river.groovy’, which uses Maven to deploy signed artifacts to the Apache staging repository, from which we eventually release to Maven Central.

Cheers,

Greg Trasuk