Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Merlijn Sebrechts <me...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/30 11:51:00 UTC

Bugs for Bigtop Charms

Hi

I'd like to submit a bug for the Bigtop Charms. Where do I do that? The
upstream repos on Github (juju-solutions) or Bigtop Jira?

The bug is the following: The Apache Hadoop Charms distribute each other's
hostnames and put them in `/etc/hosts` so hostnames are resolvable between
all Hadoop nodes. The Bigtop Charms don't do this, causing Hadoop to fail
in some deployments.

Kind regards
Merlijn Sebrechts

Re: Bugs for Bigtop Charms

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
As Konstantinos said: the PR for bringing charms into the Bigtop tree is
looming ;) Is it a sizeable change, so it takes a bit of time for ppl to wrap
their heads around it. Once it is in, making charms changes won't be any
different than submitting improvements/fixes for the rest of the Bigtop
project: a JIRA(optional GH PR), feedback from the community and go.

As a side note: Bigtop is a CTR community as documented in the top-level
README, but non-committers contributions are still going through the review
process.

Cheers,
  Cos

Re: Bugs for Bigtop Charms